Resolved
1.9
Turnaround Time

Update by user Jan 26

Company replied several days after my email. Sent me a replacement and advised me to destroy the defective doll.

Original review posted by user Dec 27, 2016

Here's the email I sent to Ashton Drake Galleries in regards to the Abby Rose doll I ordered for my daughter.First I would like to start off by saying I had a terribly difficult time getting any shipping information on this item.

I had called twice, as I received an email shipping notification that it had shipped on 11/23, yet no tracking information was available. I was told by customer service management that I had to wait until 12/2 before they would do anything about tracking the status of my order because there was no tracking available to them as well. Every day, I checked status online to see if any tracking had posted and it wasn't until a week later that tracking was actually available, get this... because the actual day it shipped was 11/30, not 11/23 as I was advised in my shipping notification email.

Secondly, I had the item drop shipped to California, I live in New Jersey, and although I entered the correct ship to, your system showed Hesperia, CA 08872 on my email confirmation. 08872 is my NJ zipcode, not 92345 which is Hesperia's zipcode that I entered and I had to call to confirm that your company actually had the correct ship to zipcode in your system. Apparently there is a glitch in your system, however customer service assured me they had the correct shipping zipcode. Because of the dropship, I myself (and my daughter) did not see the doll until yesterday when she opened it.

My father was the only one who saw it prior to this and told me the dolls name on the box and that the shipment was not damaged in transit upon arrival. Now, here's my big problem... my 7 year old was in tears, crying that it's not the same doll that was in your pictures for several reasons. First, the doll on your site has blue eyes, her dolls eyes are actually side on being purple, not blue.

Secondly, with your photographic lighting, the doll does not appear to be plastic, but in person most definitely looks like a plastic doll and not realistic like it does in the pictures. Thirdly, the doll we received has horrible kinky, frizzy, what I would describe as chimpanzee hair, that is very poorly glued on, lots of pieces are shedding just by patting down the dolls hair to try to tame the frizzy mess. You can feel clumps of glue in spots as well. It does not remotely resemble the dainty baby hair depicted i your photographs.

The head shape of the doll is not even the same as the one shown online, ours has smaller cheeks, smaller ears and a more bulbous head. I can send pictures if you like. I wish that your site had a review item selection, as she (and I) are terribly displeased with the fact that the doll we received really does not match the quality shown in the online pictures. However, the arms, legs, torso and clothes however, were as depicted and we are happy with the quality and portrayal thereof.

I asked her if she is wanting to return it and she said no, it's ok because she really doesnt want to wait another 2-3 weeks for a replacement doll. I personally, think a replacement would be a waste of time and effort anyway because it is most likely that we would receive another of the same quality as the one we received. With my daughters disappointment, this is not the doll she was planning on touting around everywhere to show off to everyone. All the way around, I am very unhappy with the lack valid and timely shipping and tracking information, the lack of professionalism of your two cs reps and the manager I spoke with, as well as that your product did not meet the standards of the product in your picture.

Please contact me via email, so that I can attach pictures of the physical issues I have outlined above.I do hope that this email helps you address some serious issues with your company - your employees and quality control specifically.

This person wrote the review because of not as described of the ashton drake galleries doll from The Ashton Drake Galleries and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants The Ashton Drake Galleries to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by The Ashton Drake Galleries for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with The Ashton Drake Galleries?

Comments

Fullerton, California, United States #1274461

Oh so now you are following me from post to post.Well I will just tell everyone why you have *** against me.

You see this retard from Nevada by the name alejandroc made a review to Domino's. He stated one thing in his review, and another in his reply.

Those two statements contradict each other so he claimed he was impersonated.He even created an anonymous account, claimed it was from New York, as you can change your location to make himself seem innocent.

Ontario, Canada #1262376

Your daughter is seven you say right.Hopefully she will get over it.

Yeah kids do get upset about things like this, and hopefully they will make it up to her.In the mean time buy her ice cream or something, that usually cheers seven year olds up.

CamaroBabe
to Zack2001 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1262434

Yes, she has gotten past the differences in the doll in the past couple days.It's just a hard pill to swallow when she's been wanting this specific doll, and no other for almost a year.

I personally wouldn't be upset if it was say a $50 doll, but at $150, I would expect it to look as it did online. Bait and switch is never a good quality in a company, but that wasn't my only issue all the way around.

This company has over a hundred complaints on here, and no place to review on their actual website though. Most people didn't even receive their doll as promised yet, they simply didn't even get shipped out or were given false tracking and it never showed up and their children were doll-less for the holidays.

I wonder what everyone's experience will be when they actually do receive their dolls, if they won't be identical to what they thought they ordered as well.

Another woman on here said she received a doll with the body of a two year old and the head size of an infant and that it wasn't shown as that in the pictures.

They are a very dishonest company.And with dolls ranging between one hundred upwards of a thousand dollars, that's not ok.

to CamaroBabe Fullerton, California, United States #1262813

You are concerned about a silly doll when pedobear zack is after your daughter?

Fullerton, California, United States #1262370

I am with you on this post because I see the man is a sick cruel person.I suggest we both just stop replying to this sicko's comments and move on.

I wish you well in getting a resolution to your complaint !

The IP address matches the mothers.She is a sick person who likes to troll about child abuse.

PostalUPS67
to MakeMyDay2016 #1263027

Get a life loser!

to PostalUPS67 Fullerton, California, United States #1263072

Stop creating other accounts to defend yourself you abuser.

to MakeMyDay2016 #1392668

I hope you were able to address your psychotic episodes and are receiving long term care from a licensed psychiatrist.It’s really weird that you just troll around a chat room geared for young girls.

Seems a little (ALOT) like something a *** Chester Child Molester would do.Go away and let these moms take care of their kids without being harassed by the likes of you.

Fullerton, California, United States #1262344

WRONG !I am a member of this site who came across your revolting comments and am very serious that you need professional mental health help.

I even read some of your other comments on other posts and see you are simply a person with nothing but nastiness in your mind and a horrible attitude.

Whoever or whatever has caused you to become an angry bitter person must have come from a lifetime of deep unhappiness.

_____________________________________________

Nice try but the location of that post shows up as New Jersey.But even if this is true, threatening to drown puppies and beating a child is worse.

CamaroBabe
to MakeMyDay2016 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1262350

Very funny MakeMyDay2016.You are nothing but a troll who can't even get your own facts straight.

Now I have other reviews? This is actually my first that because my daughter was so upset, I was so moved to report this deceitful company and two. Next, first you said I was going to give my daughter away for being ugly and now I said I beat my daughter, you need so serious help.

It's apparent to anyone, with half a brain I didn't write the puppy drowning/kid giving away comment, it doesn't even make sense anyway.Go get a life.