1.5
Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

I originally left my first bad review for ADG due to them refusing to process my orders, after delivering the first order made.The excuse was "a discrepancy between my billing address and card." This was claimed AFTER my first order was delivered and processed SUCCESSFULLY: There was and is no discrepancy, the information is all accurate and legitimate.

I have never had an issue anywhere else, for any reason whatsoever. I asked customer support for confirmation that the orders they refused to process were officially cancelled, meaning they will leave me alone, as I will never purchase from them again. I received a reply after the weekend, saying yes. Needless to say, these people do not know what they are talking about..

In addition to receiving rejection letters and invoices for "an alternate payment method" in the mail, NOW I get an e-mail telling me once again that they can't process anymore orders- but THIS time the excuse is entirely DIFFERENT: NOW they "could not get authorization to process my payment." Seriously???? This, once again, is pertaining to a payment method that I have NEVER had any issue with, and continue to have NO issues with anywhere else. This e-mail also suggested that I can "send in monthly installments through snail mail via check or money order." WHY am I going to send them checks and money orders when I have a card that works perfectly fine???? The one order that I did receive before the infamous discrepancy claim, was not even a brand new, presentable doll upon opening the box.

I am just going to keep the doll even though it very obviously was a CUSTOMER RETURN that they just turned right around and sent me. The doll was splayed hap-hazardous in the box from FedEx transit, as the head-stabilizing cardboard piece was ripped in two, and all of the cushioning that should have been taped securely around her head/face/hands/feet was all ripped off and strewn about in the box. Nothing was as it should be. I have the Welcome Home Baby Emily doll from 10+ years ago- and the limited edition silicone Emily from just 5 years ago- who both arrived packaged just pristine, I know how a brand new doll should look in a box opening.

This Hush Little Baby doll was so evidently a return, and I'll tell you why I'm not even surprised: The doll itself looks ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like the website photos. I understand that the dolls aren't going to be identical to the prototype photos used in the ad's, but this doll is SO beyond night and day to the images on the site. The painted-on lips look like dark lipstick was put on the doll and the overall appearance is just disappointing. Zero resemblance.

Please see attached photos of the representation VS the actual doll, and also how the doll arrived (obvious return). This doll doesn't even slightly resemble the photos, nor does she look in any way realistic like my older ADG dolls. My Welcome Home Baby Emily doll from the early 2000's looked nearly spot on to the prototype photos representing her. My limited edition silicone Emily was also a very spot-on resemblance to her photos.

They were so well made and realistic looking. I was/am SO happy with them and will always cherish them. The only thing that I like about this Hush Little Baby doll is the outfit. There wasn't even any invoice/receipt or return form in with the Hush Little Baby doll that I have just recently received, and with how horrible customer support is to deal with, I do not even want to try to get a return processed.

I don't even think that it would be processed, since it seems like nothing can be done accurately with this company. I am just going to keep her and suck it up, but I will never buy from ADG again, not only for the poor billing department practices and unreliable customer service, but for the obvious degrade in doll quality and appearance. The whole experience has been such a disappointment, especially considering that I was willing to invest in more of their products with confidence from past experiences. Now I will just purchase the "Bundle of Love" doll (and other accessories) that I really wanted to add to my collection, used from EBay instead, and hope that at least the doll is decent looking for display.

But I will not buy her or any other product directly from ADG again.I think that no company needs a complete make-over/retraining with staff and quality control, more than ADG.

Review about: The Ashton Drake Galleries Doll.

Reason of review: Inconsistent claims by customer service, poor quality doll. .

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Changing story regarding payment processing issue, Doll appearance disappointing.

Had an Experience with The Ashton Drake Galleries?

Comments

i had the same issue they told me my payment did not go through and they need another form of payment but I can see the exact amount on my bank statement it said PENDING and they also said the money was taken out...They changed my ship date from 3 business days to another 3 business days to Oct and now they claim it's on the way but i have no tracking info this company is ridiculous!!!